ACEC/NC B&I SymposiumName: ACEC/NC B&I SymposiumDate: October 31, 2019Time: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDTRegistration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:
The ACEC/NC B&I Committee Presents:
Facilities Management: Leveraging Technology
The Triangle is home to many technology and biotechnology firms that present various challenges in facilities management. How do these top companies manage their existing facilities? What are the security and back-up power needs? What improvements do they foresee in the near future? Explore these and other questions with a panel of expert facilities managers and see what future technologies will be available to aid both facilities managers and the architects and engineers who are designing the new and improved buildings.
AGENDA (worth 2.5 PDH credits)
8:00 am – 8:45 am Breakfast & Networking
8:45 am – 10:00 am A Discussion With Facilities Managers on their Current and Future Facility Plans
- Danny Seaton, Senior Director, Global Workplace Solutions, Red Hat
- Matt Parker, Director, Facilities and Data Center Infrastructure, Syntax
- John Fernberg, Director of Facilities, Biogen
- Tracy Howe, Site Operations Director, GlaxoSmithKline
- Bryan McManus, FMP, Senior Category Leader, Global Facilities, ThermoFisher Scientific
10:15 am – 11:30 am The Future of Facilities Technology
Presentations on building technologies, the IoT, 5G integration, BIM, 3-D Scanning, and more.
- Timothy Gasper, PE, Energy Solutions Team Leader, SIEMENS Industry, Inc - Building Technologies Division
- David Headrick, Project Manager, KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Jeff Van Fleet, Senior Account Executive - Facilities Management, IMAGINiT
EVENT SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
11:30 am Adjourn