Civil Engineering Designer
Land Development Sector
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. Our employees are what makes McAdams different. We bring “experiences” to the forefront of everything we do and to do that takes special people.
Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your engineering career at a growing “Best Places to Work” firm? When you join our talented group as a Designer II in our Charlotte office, you will advance your experience in university campus expansions, energy projects, public parks, government projects, and medical facility improvements across the southeast region. Highly qualified candidates will be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and excellent communicators who are committed to quality work, team success, and personal career growth.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Design and produce civil engineering construction documents (site plans, utility plan/profile, design reports, specifications)
- Civil utility and site design (water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, HGL modeling, fire flow design, and storm water management) and coordination with typical mechanical utilities (gas, steam, chilled water, high voltage, emergency power, communications duct banks)
- Site grading, earthworks, and sediment/erosion control design and permitting
- Coordination with architects, landscape architects, mechanical engineers, contractors, and owners
- Work in accordance with company standards with project team from concept phase through construction administration for a variety of projects
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in civil engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- EI on path to PE preferred
- Experience with storm drain, sanitary sewer, water distribution networks, and site grading preferred
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. McAdams does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
We participate in E-Verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.