We are currently seeking multiple Civil Engineers to join our team in Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina.
ColeJenest & Stone is one of the Carolina’s leading Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Land Planning firms with offices in Charlotte and Raleigh. We are a studio-based firm that offers innovative design-centered solutions for public and private clients in North Carolina and South Carolina. Integrity, Quality, Service and Innovation underscore a firm-wide focus on sustainable projects that enhance the built environment. We are currently seeking multiple Civil Engineers to join our team in both Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 2-10 years of experience in land/site civil engineering
- EI required, PE preferred
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
- AutoCad Civil 3D experience required
- Knowledge of technical software such as HydroCAD, WaterCad, etc. required
- Working knowledge of site-related design
- Experience in land/site development required. Previous experience in single-family design preferred.
- Ability to apply civil engineering concepts to problem solving involving site design issues
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Working closely with a Project Manager or Project Civil Engineer in a team environment, civil engineers are responsible for assisting in the preparation of site civil construction documents. Project tasks may include:
Preparation of due diligence/site analysis including: Review of survey, zoning, transportation requirements, water service, sanitary sewer service, floodways, stream buffer requirements, landscape requirements, stormwater drainage/management requirements, watershed requirements, etc.
Preparation of conceptual/schematic site plans including: Layout, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, water distribution and sanitary sewer plans, etc.
Preparation of construction documents including: Demolition plans, staking and material plans, erosion control plans, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, water distribution and sanitary sewer plans, site details, public street/transportation improvements, project cost estimates/analyses, etc.
Provide assistance with submittals to government review agencies.
ColeJenest & Stone offers employees an excellent benefits package including paid medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, and generous PTO benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Land/site civil engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- PE (Preferred)
- EI (Required)
- United States (Required)