National Brands - Commercial Land Development
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. Our employees are what makes McAdams different! We bring “experiences” to the forefront of everything we do, and that takes special people.
Designers work with high accuracy and quick turnaround as an integral part of land development engineering design teams.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and production of civil engineering construction documents and conceptual site plans
- Complete civil utility and site design (water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, HGL modeling, fire flow design, and storm water management)
- Complete site grading plans, earthworks calculations, and sediment/erosion control design/permitting
- Coordinate with architects, landscape architects, project team, contractors, and owners
- Work alongside project team in accordance with company standards from concept phase through construction administration for a variety of projects
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field
- 0 - 4 years of experience in civil engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with strong drive to better oneself, project team, and community
- Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and/or take a CAD assessment.
- EI on path to PE preferred
- Experience with storm drain, sanitary sewer, water distribution networks, and site grading preferred
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. McAdams does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
We participate in E-Verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status