Water Resources Service Line
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. Our employees are what makes McAdams different! We bring “experiences” to the forefront of everything we do, and that takes special people.
Water resources design positions design, analyze, and complete permitting of stormwater management facilities (BMP) while working as part of a water resources project team. This position will be embedded within (and physically located in) the City of Charlotte offices throughout the duration of a multi-year project in collaboration with the City of Charlotte.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Design, analysis, and receive permitting for stormwater management facilities (peak flow rate detention and water quality)
- Delineate drainage areas and use AutoCAD to develop drainage area maps
- Complete Hydrograph routing, HydraFlow, Riverine Modeling, FEMA Flood Studies, CLOMR/LOMR letters, and No-Rise certifications
- Complete analyses of open channel systems and closed conduit drainage systems
- Work in accordance with company standards with project team from concept phase through construction administration for a variety of projects
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field
- 0 - 5 years of experience in water resources and environmental design experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with strong drive to better oneself, project team, and community
- Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and/or take a CAD assessment
- EI on path to PE preferred
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. McAdams does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
We participate in E-Verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.