Commercial Land Development – Multi-site Commercial
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. Our employees are what makes McAdams different! We bring “experiences” to the forefront of everything we do, and that takes special people.
Within the Multi-site Commercial development group, this position will provide the technical expertise needed to take a lead technical role in projects and resolve complex design challenges. Engineering Design Managers (Technical Managers) provide technical coaching and mentorship to Designers and CAD Techs while working alongside Project Managers and the Multi-site Division Manager to ensure the production of high-quality deliverables.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Lead Multi-site design staff, provide resource management, resolve both technical and design problems, coach, train, and mentor design and CAD professionals, and work collaboratively with all team members on all aspects of project execution
- Manage design and production of civil engineering construction documents (site plans, utility plan/profile, stormwater management facility CDs, design reports, specifications)
- Complete civil utility and site design (water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, HGL modeling, fire flow design, grading, sediment and erosion control, and storm water management); coordinate with typical subconsultants (Geotech, architect, environmental)
- Lead review agency coordination for site permitting
- Work in accordance with company standards from concept phase through construction administration for a variety of projects across the country
- Lead scheduling of projects for permitting, internal resources, and viability of deliverables for clients
- Work alongside Projects Managers and Division Manager as needed to help achieve project success
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Engineering
- PE required
- 3+ years of experience in civil site design, project management and team coordination
- Strong proficiency in design of water and sewer mains, mass grading, roadway horizontal and vertical design, erosion control, and storm drainage for commercial projects
- Thorough background in civil design, governmental regulations, AutoCAD-CIVIL 3D, plan preparation, surveying principles and construction techniques
- Experience working with client prototypes and standards
- Experience with multi-site retail rollouts and high-volume design
- Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and/or take a CAD assessment
- Ability to gain reciprocity in multiple states
- PE, multiple state licensure a plus
- NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying) license
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. McAdams does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
We participate in E-Verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.