Project Manager, Geomatics
Posted 7 days ago
We are currently searching for a Project Manager to join our Geomatics Group in our Durham office. This position will play a key role in project management and execution for survey and construction staking projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- NC Professional Land Surveyors License required.
- Four-year bachelor's degree or two-year associate's degree in survey related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience, preferably 5 years with mentoring and training experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in land surveying as well as field experience with surveying subdivisions, commercial properties, institutional and industrial projects.
- Experience in construction related survey computations and staking plans – such as erosion control, utility, grading and storm drainage and building layout.
- Experience preparing topo survey, boundary, and ALTA/ACSM survey maps as well as Plats, easement exhibits, researching records, writing legal descriptions and investigating property history; developing scope and fee proposals and managing projects.
- Must have solid working knowledge of AutoCAD, Carlson, GIS mapping and MS Office Suite
- MicroStation and NCDOT experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Managing multiple projects and ensuring completion on time, task and budget.
- Coordination of field crews including preparation of field packages.
- Working closely with the team to resolve issues and meet the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the project team during each phase of the project – including boundary and topographic surveys, subdivision platting, ALTAs, USACE platting, easement platting, GIS mapping and SUE.
- Read, review and interpret municipality standard utility construction details, grading and storm drainage plans, erosion control plans and sediment pond design tables, utility profile sheets and architectural and structural plans.
- Process field data and generate/create topographic contours, staking base files, road alignments and foundation surveys.
- Coordinate project submittals with local municipalities and foster client relations to perpetuate long term relationships.
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in Durham and Charlotte, NC. McAdams has built its reputation throughout the industry over 38 years by delivering unmatched expertise and unwavering commitment to clients in a variety of markets including municipal, education, healthcare, as well as commercial and residential development. The firm is comprised of over 170 professionals that are united in their desire to achieve their clients’ visions through a thoughtful and resourceful process. Ultimately, we seek a partnership with our clients to further the opportunity to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. Learn more about us today. Visit www.mcadamsco.com.
Please note: No sponsorship available for this position.
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, short & long term disability, long term care and 401(k)/Roth with company match, learning opportunities and much more. We invite proficient, dependable candidates to apply.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We participate in E-verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.