This position will be responsible for the design and management of a wide variety of development projects including commercial, residential and educational land development projects. Responsibilities will also include preparation of deliverables, cost proposals, fee negotiations, and adhering to project schedules as well as assisting in the organization and supervision of a busy land development department.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to carry a project through the design and permitting process independently or within a team framework as well as strengthen and develop relationships with clients.
Job Requirements/Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.S.E.T. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university degree program.
- North Carolina licensed PE.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with development of plans and specifications, permitting and construction administration for commercial and residential land development projects.
- Excellent AutoCad skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Extensive experience with civil engineering design, to include site planning, stormwater management and infrastructure design for private and public sector clients.
- Experience interfacing with clients and municipal staff on a regular basis.
- AutoCAD Civil3D, Hydraflow and Storm Sewers is preferred. Site-Ops and GIS products a plus.