TPD is seeking a civil engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate has 5-7 years of transportation engineering (traffic and design) experience, a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, the willingness to work cohesively within a team and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects. Experience with NCDOT engineering standards is preferred.
Reasons to work for TPD:
We are a dynamic team of multi-disciplinary transportation professionals that innovate, collaborate, learn from each other, and serve the needs of our clients and the public. Our team of 175+ engineering, design, planning professionals share a mission to improve the quality of life for the public. We are deeply dedicated to our company values, which include a commitment to: fostering a healthy work-life balance; bettering our surrounding communities through charitable work and giving; staff, client and geographic diversity; Professional Development; meeting the needs of the public; as well as active engagement in the shaping of policy.
Our team members produce exceptional work products and are supported in their growth through some of the most competitive benefits in the industry. TPD offers a competitive salary and benefits, including an unmatched flex time policy, Paid Time Off, parental leave and a Professional Development program designed to help our staff continue their education and training throughout their careers.
About TPD’s Culture:
Ranked the overall #4 Best Civil Engineering Firm to Work for in the Nation (#1 in our size category), we are proud of our success and growth as a multi-disciplinary engineering firm since our inception in 1989. With 12 offices throughout the eastern United States, no project is too small or too large for our professionals. From local streetscape or trail design projects to corridor improvement projects spanning miles, we take pride in everything we produce as a team. Our staff has become like a second family, with group potlucks, coordinated fitness challenges, organized community improvement events and regular happy hours. We seek opportunities to spend time with each other outside work because we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. At TPD, we offer a creative, supportive, flexible and fun environment, an ideal environment to continue your career.
About our Asheville Office:
Located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, the Asheville office is in a community known for its vibrant arts scene, historic architecture, and active lifestyle. TPD is proud to have an office in a community that is known as one of the most welcoming cities in America, and we are proud of the work that we engage in locally. Our office location allows us to be within proximity to many other dynamic communities, large and small, where we contribute to growing transportation projects and systems. Our Asheville team supports each other in work and in play, as together we can also enjoy the ultimate playground that is our backyard. The Asheville office is creative, supportive, flexible and fun, an ideal environment to begin your career.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to engineering project managers on all aspects of transportation engineering.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on tasks such as traffic studies, corridor planning, feasibility studies, safety audits, intersection design, traffic signal design, roadway signing and pavement marking plans, and traffic and signal operations analysis.
- Preparation of design computations, quantity estimates, and construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the team.
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, impact studies, permits, and designs for projects.
Technical learning is encouraged both externally, as well as within TPD’s own University program (TPDU). TPD strongly encourages and supports individual’s career growth and upward mobility. As staff members advance in their career paths, opportunities may arise for advanced roles, in turn increasing responsibility and leadership options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- PE license is Preferred
- Minimum of 5 Years of Transportation Engineering Experience
- Experience utilizing Microstation, SYNCHRO, SimTraffic
- Experience with VISSIM, Sidra Transmodeler, TransCAD is a Plus
- Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning and Design Experience is a Plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License